Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snowflake Confessions

I have got a confession to make...
This week I am guilty of "rigging" the letter of the week.
Usually we randomly pick the letter of the week the Friday before.
But recently I came across these Borax Snowflakes, and couldn't resist.
It's the perfect project at the right time of the year, so I bent the rules.
So "S" is now the letter of the week.
This was such a fun, and easy project. The hardest part, especially for the kids, was waiting for the magic!
Our snowflakes had to stay in a Borax solution overnight to crystallize.
But this morning to our delight we had little crystal snowflakes. How cool is that!
The kids were quite impressed.
Here is a link for this project if you are interested in making more for your Christmas Tree. http://www.domestically-speaking.com/2009/12/borax-snowflakes.html
Also, today begins the Christmas Countdown. Woo Hoo!!!
I just so happened to find the same Chocolate Advent Calendars that I used to get when I was a kid.
The nostalgia was overwhelming. So I grabbed one for all of us.
Including me of course!
I hope that they have as much fun getting a chocolate prize each day as I did when I was little.

I am also throwing in a few pics of all the creative thinking in action that I have seen over the last couple days.
I always get a little nervous about how to entertain young children in the winter.
But as you can see, their little imaginations take over, and my family room turns into their winter wonderland.
They have loved playing store, library, restaurant, and house.
What's cute is how well they interact with each other. I wish I knew how to upload some video so you could see, and hear them.
When Gracie gets home from school, she gets them all together to play house.
She has to be the mom.
Carson is the baby. Or should I say the unfortunate victim of Gracie's relentless drive to nurture!

But sometimes they are perfectly content to just be by themselves too.

Learning to play together, as well as entertain themselves makes for a happy, well rounded individual!
No need for me to worry after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment