Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stillness

"D" is for Duck!
So today we went to the "Duck Park" to feed the Ducks.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day!
Everything was so still. The tree's were still. The air was still. Even the creek was still.

It was breath taking.
Rejuvenating.
Inspiring.
We seemed to be the only ones in the park, and every thing was quiet.
Even the Ducks!
I wanted time to stand still.
I took a deep breath of that fresh air and felt completely whole!
It was just a perfect day!
The children thrived in the calming energy of the blissful beauty.
They climbed trees.
Ran as fast as their little legs would let them.
And
explored their surrounding with delight.
They seemed to sense that this tranquility wasn't going to last forever.

I am so grateful for perfect mornings.
For beautiful surroundings, and for
children who live in the grace of every moment.


Q. Hailey what's the letter "d" sound?
A. Quack! Quack! Quack!

The kids throwing bread to the ducks.

Hailey singing and swinging!

Weeeeee!

Q. Slade what was your favorite part of the day?
A. Throwing leaves up to the sky.
Leaf Burial
You can do it Hailey!

 I am sorry. I just couldn't help myself!

1 comment:

  1. I love your mix of poetry and comedy:)
    I love you.
    Holly

    ReplyDelete