Friday, February 25, 2011

Safe Kids Fair

Today we had the opportunity to do something Spontaneous. I shook up the routine, and headed out to the Safe Kids Fair.
We got there early enough to actually enjoy it. When we went last year there were soooo many people that I felt stressed out trying to keep track of everyone.
We were even able to do things this year, that we couldn't do last year because of the lines.


We began our adventure at the Face Painting Booth.Luckily there was no line, but by the time we were done the line was huge!


Slade went for the Spiderman look. ( there's a shocker!)
Carson did Batman.
Hailey wanted to be a "Flutterby".


They were so CUTE! I couldn't stop laughing. Each one of them entertained the artists with stories of getting stitches, and faux hawks, and spiderman backpacks. Hailey had let them know that her mom Megan starts with M. For what ever reason, she feels it necessary to share that with anyone willing to listen. I just love it! Never a dull moment with these guys!!!!

Our next little adventure was over at Sammy T. Clown's Balloon Art Booth.




Sammy T. was a very grumpy clown! And a little creepy if you ask me! Someone forgot his Chill Pills!!!!
But in all fairness to Sammy T. he was an excellent Balloon Artist who dazzled us all with his skill! And in no time at all wiped out 2 Little Mermaids, one Spiderman and a Sword.
Good Times!

All in All we spent time with Firemen, Policemen, Dentists, Insurance Salesmen of every kind. and a Vendor for every possible thing under the Golden Sun!




Lets not forget that all those Vendors had some sort of trinket that we just had to add to our little red backpacks we got for committing to wear a seat belt.

I wish you could have seen me! I had to carry everybody's bags. 4 balloon creations, and four more balloons we got from the Orthodontist booth.
And I was still trying to hold everyone's hand at the same time!
Next time we head to the Safe Kids Fair, remind me to bring a wheel barrow!!!!!!

Last stop was the little play ground. It was very irresistible to the children, and very stressful for me. They all went four different directions, but luckily it was a very small playground.

What a fun Day!

One funny thing that I had to mention.
When ever we go any were. Before we even get out of the car. We go over the Safety Rules.
We give everyone a buddy that they have to stay with and hold hands. And I always tell them if they ever get lost, to find another person that is a Mommy and tell her that you need her to call my cell phone number, (written on their hands) and then I will know how to find them.
Well today before we even left, I ran upstairs to grab my phone. When I came down they were all under my kitchen table, holding hands with there heads bowed in prayer. I stoped to listen to this little prayer that my Gracie was saying. She was asking God to help them remember the Safety Rules. Then she explained those rules in detail to God. (Just in case he was not aware of them.)
OMG! I will never forget that scene as long as I live! It was so precious!
It was a sweet reminder that I'll do my best and let God do the rest! He goes ever were we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment